Awards and Honors
IIN announces 2021 Outstanding Researchers
October 25, 2021
Each year, the International Institute for Nanotechnology presents the Outstanding Researcher Award to young scientists who have made exceptional contributions to research in a broad range of nanotechnology solutions and applications, as nominated by the professors who know them well. These researchers represent the future of nanotechnology research and discovery.
Congratulations to the 14 graduate students and postdoctoral associates who received the award this year for their outstanding work!
- Francesca Arcudi, PhD – Chemistry
- Ho Fung Cheng – Chemistry
- Yeonshik (David) Choi, PhD – Materials Science & Engineering
- Wisnu Hadibrata – Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Kirsten Jung – Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Joanna Korpanty – Chemistry
- Kaikai Ma, PhD – Chemistry
- Patrick Mbullo Owuor – Anthropology & Global Health
- Benjamin Partridge, PhD – Chemistry
- Bo Shen, PhD – Chemistry
- Michelle Teplensky, PhD – Chemistry
- Walter Thavarajah – Chemical Engineering
- Matthew Vasher – Biomedical Engineering
- Megan Wasson – Chemistry
The International Institute for Nanotechnology at Northwestern University is an umbrella organization that represents and unites more than $1 billion in nanotechnology research, education and supporting infrastructure.