Awards and Honors
IIN announces 2019 Ryan Fellowship awardees
July 15, 2019
EVANSTON, Ill.–The International Institute for Nanotechnology (IIN) has announced 19, 2019 Ryan Fellowship awardees. The Ryan Fellowship, created in 2007 and made possible by a generous donation from Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan, supports exceptional graduate students dedicated to the exploration of fundamental nanoscale science with practical applications that benefit society.
In addition to rigorous research with IIN-affiliated partners, the Ryan Fellows participate in a variety of collaborative activities including quarterly research presentations, seminars and symposia. To date, there have been 171 Ryan Fellows, many of whom are now in leadership positions at prestigious universities, corporations and national laboratories.
The newly named 2019 Ryan Fellows are as follows:
- Youn Jue Bae, chemistry
- Alexandra Brumberg, chemistry
- Ho Fung Cheng, chemistry
- Matthew Coile, chemical and biological engineering
- Sasha Ebrahimi, chemical engineering
- Hendryck Antonio Gellineau, chemistry
- Christopher Hareland, materials science engineering (MSE)
- Adam Ladd, MSE
- Chamillle Lescott, MSE
- Xiatong Li, chemistry
- Roxana Mitrut, mechanical engineering
- Kelly Parker, MSE
- Justin Qian, chemical and biological engineering
- Eric Riesel, MSE
- Sanjana Subramaniam, medical science training program (MSTP)
- Adam Silverman, chemical engineering
- Thomas Song, MSE
- Michael Strauss, chemistry
- Matthew Vasher, biomedical engineering
Read more about the Ryan Fellows program.
The International Institute for Nanotechnology at Northwestern University is an umbrella organization that represents and unites more than $1 billion in nanotechnology research, education and supporting infrastructure.