Materials Science & Engineering
Faculty Mentor: Vinayak Dravid
Kelly received a B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering from Stanford University in 2016. Her research focuses on advancing imaging methodologies for soft nanomaterial characterization, including protein constructs and DNA-nanoparticle conjugates, which are unobservable by conventional imaging methods. Improving the understanding of the static structure and dynamics of bio-nanomaterials broadens their capabilities in a variety of applications, particularly in diagnostics and therapeutics.
Awards & Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2018)
- Hierarchical Materials Cluster Program Fellowship, Northwestern University (2017)
- Cabell Fellowship, Northwestern University (2016)
- Park, S. S.; Urbach, Z. J.; Brisbois, C. A.; Parker, K. A.; Partridge, B. E.; Oh, T.; Dravid, V. P.; Olvera de la Cruz, M.; Mirkin, C. A., “DNA‐ and Field‐Mediated Assembly of Magnetic Nanoparticles into High‐Aspect Ratio Crystals,” Advanced Materials,2019.
- Parker, K. A.;Bobbala, S.; Drachuk, I. V.; Mirau, P. A.; Chavez, J. L.; Drummy, L. F.; Scott, E. A.; Dravid, V. P., “Soft Microscopy of Macromolecules: Correlative Imaging and Enhancing Contrast,” Proceedings of Microscopy and Microanalysis,2019, 25(S2), 496-497.
- Huang, Y.; Jakus, A.; Jordan, S.; Dumanian, Z.; Parker, K. A.; Zhao, L.; Patel, P.; Shah, R., “Three-Dimensionally Printed Hyperelastic Bone Scaffolds Accelerate Bone Regeneration in Critical-Size Calvarial Bone Defects,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery,2019, 143(5), 1397-1407.
- Parker, K. A.;Li, Y.; Eshein, A.; Zhu, S.; Hampton, C. M.; Drummy, L. F.; Dravid, V. P, “Positive Staining for Improved Contrast Of Macromolecules In Transmission Electron Microscopy,”Proceedings of Microscopy and Microanalysis,2018, 24(S1), 1730-1731.
- Parker, K. A.; Trampert, P.; Tinnemann, V.; Peckys, D.; Dahmen, T.; de Jonge, N., “Linear Chains of HER2 Receptors Found in the Plasma Membrane Using Liquid-Phase Electron Microscopy,” Biophysics Journal, 2018, 115(3),503-513.