Materials Science and Engineering
Faculty Mentor: Professor Monica Olvera de la Cruz
Chase Brisbois received his B.S. from SUNY Albany in 2014. His research work is currently focused on using computational methods and close collaboration with experimentalists to design novel magnetic composite materials. Studying these magnetic soft matter systems could enable new applications in artificial muscles and other actuating devices.
Awards & Fellowships
- Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award, National Institutes of Health (2014–2016).
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, National Institutes of Standards and Technology (2013, 2014).
- Yang Family NEXUS Scholarship, SUNY Polytechnic Institute (2014).
- Dean’s List, SUNY Albany (2010–2014).
- Barry M. Goldwater Honorable Mention (2013).
- Brisbois, C. A.; Lee, J. C., Biochemistry, 2016, 4939–4948.